Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Unit One-What is Art?

Art is subjective. Art is creativity, uniqueness, emotions, symbolism. Art is conveyed as painting's, sculptures, music, pictures, and even useful everyday items. Art can mean many different things to different people.  Many people believe that art should convey a meaning when some believe that art has no meaning.  The artist may have a vision of their painting but a person viewing the art may have a different interpretation. Some Art can be useful, an artist can create a unique chair that can be displayed in a living room and have a function as well. Art to someone could be so beautiful and to someone else be ugly. Art is around us everyday. A song on the radio is someone's artwork for the world to hear. A concert can include visual art such as dancing or videos on the screen. I believe Art can be anything you want it to be. An antique clock in the corner of a room can be a piece of visual art in a home. My art taste is eclectic, loud, vibrant and colorful. I like multi media work and have wood carvings, ceramics and sculptures. I have prints from local art shows as well as original paintings that I ordered online. I also love handmade jewelry that is one of a kind. I feel that Art can be anything you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment